What We Fund
The Foundation’s mission is to support a well-rounded education for all Menlo-Atherton High School students. Unfortunately, a gap exists between available public funding and programmatic needs. Your gift helps to close that gap and provide an exceptional education for each and every M-A student, more than 2,000 high school students, each school year.
Smaller Class Sizes
The Foundation supports smaller class sizes in more than 250 core subject classes including English, Social Studies, Math, Science and World Languages. Enrollment in all English classes is capped at 30 students, and additional sections of advanced standing (AS) classes are provided.
The Foundation funds classes to allow students to pursue their passion. In addition, the Foundation provides funds for other classes to ensure that resources are in place to improve the educational experience for students.
College and Career Success
With your generous support, the Foundation is able to provide support to students in pursuit of post-high school educational opportunities. Funding includes:
- Two Guidance Counselors
- College Advisor extended hours
- College and Career Center assistant
- PSAT exam for all sophomore students
- Release time for teachers to write letters of recommendation
- Stipend for teachers to write letters of recommendation
The Foundation provides resources to support our teachers and staff in their drive to enhance their skills both inside and outside the classroom.
- Professional development for M-A faculty and staff including summer training and continuing education classes along with funds to provide for collaboration with department colleagues.
- Monthly impact awards for teachers and staff
- New-Teacher Welcome checks for classroom supplies
The Foundation supports salaries and a wide range of classes and programs that reflect student interest and the administration’s priorities.
- Homework Center and Writing Center tutors and supplies
- Shadowing Coordinator
- Partnership for Success Program:
- Parent Outreach Coordinator
- Community Liaison
- Conflict Mediation Specialist
- Honors Institute staffing and supplies